HL-3plus-CAL Family Vis-NIR Radiometric Calibration Sources
The HL-3 and HL-3plus family of calibrated Vis-NIR light sources can be used to calibrate the absolute spectral response of a spectrometer system. By using these new sources and Ocean Optics software, you can determine absolute intensity values — to a high degree of accuracy — at wavelengths from 350-2400 nm.
This series offers an industry-leading 3% uncertainty at 900 nm and a calibration over the range of 350-1050 nm with the option to select an extended calibration to 2400 nm. These sources also feature an integrated shutter controlled by either TTL pulses or manually on the front of the instrument. The internal shutter blocks light completely from the sampling device, providing the most accurate dark measurements.
Integrating Sphere Calibration Sources
The HL-3-INT-CAL and HL-3plus-INT-CAL models provide direct attachment and calibration with an integrating sphere with minimum port diameter of 6 mm (INT types). The INT-CAL models have a diffuser attached to the light source to be used with an integrating sphere. Simply place the INT-CAL light source at the entrance aperture of the integrating sphere.
NOTE: Calibrated sources typically provide about 50 hours of operation before requiring recalibration, so they are not intended for use as an illuminant in day-to-day measurements. Recalibration service is available. As an alternative to purchasing a calibration source, we can perform an in-house calibration of your spectrometer system with our SPEC-CAL-UV service.
- Stable tungsten halogen source provides consistent output for the most reliable data
- HL-3plus models offer the lowest uncertainty for high confidence in your data and an integrated shutter for the most accurate dark measurements
- CAL-INT models interface directly with integrating spheres
- Digital calibration data can be loaded into Ocean Optics software for absolute intensity data
Included with the product:
- Power cord
- AC adapter for stabilizing power
- Allen wrench for adjusting the SMA and/or CC-3 cosine corrector
- Digital calibration data – lamp calibration files
- Paper calibration data and certificate
HL-3-CAL sources are calibrated using a procedure and documentation patterned after the ISO 17025, IEC Guide 115 and JCGM100:2008 (GUM) protocols. Our calibration laboratory is not accredited to ISO 17025, IEC Guide 115 or JCGM100:2008 (GUM) protocols. However, we provide rigorous calibration documentation, upon request, for our HL-3plus sources that makes use of measurement protocols for these standards. Therefore, many customers are able to take the documentation we provide and integrate these calibrated sources into their regulated processes.