- Light Sources
- PX-2 Pulsed Xenon Light Source
PX-2 Pulsed Xenon Light Source
The PX-2 Pulsed Xenon Lamp is a high flash rate, short-arc xenon lamp for the ultraviolet (UV). With an output from 220-750 nm, it is ideal for absorbance and reflection measurements. Because of the shorter duty cycle the PX-2 is also useful for fluorescence and phosphorescence measurements.
The PX-2 operates at speeds up to 220 Hz, offers excellent pulse-to-pulse stability. It can be triggered by an external TTL pulse and offers software control of the flash rate.
The spectrometer sampling can be altered so that a variable number of flashes are observed during each integration period. In the Single Mode of PX-2 operation, a single flash occurs during each integration period so you can easily synchronize operation of both the xenon lamp and detector. In Multiple Mode a steady, consistent light exposure is provided for each integration period ensuring reliable absorbance and reflection measurements.
The PX-2 has an SMA 905 output connector and seamlessly integrates with Ocean Optics miniature fiber optic spectrometers and accessories, including optical fibers, cuvette holders, probes and other sampling optics.
- Adjustable flash rate optimizes measurements of light sensitive samples
- Experiment setup is easy with software control of flash rate and synchronization
- Excellent pulse-to-pulse stability for long measurements
Included with the Product:
- 12 VDC power supply.
- 15-pin interface cable, which connects the lamp to the spectrometer.